Being a native Angeleno, people always asks me what are some of the places they must see while in LA. Well, i’ve put together a list of my top picks in LA. Now you take it from here. Enjoy! xo-T
CITY GUIDE: LA 2010
1)The Farmers Market (3rd and Fairfax/ LA, CA))- one of my favorite places to shop and lunch in LA!!! Lots to choose from
2)Griffith park Observatory (Los Feliz, CA)
3)Santa Monica Pier (Santa Monica, CA)— this is my hood! ;) i literally live on ocean avenue and really enjoy walking the boardwalk. So much fun! you can also rent a bike and cruise down the beach!
4) Malibu (Malibu, CA) — exprience driving along the PCH as you watch the sunset. make sure you stop by Moonshadows for a drink!
5) Venice Beach (Venica, CA) — definitely my favorite neighborhood in LA. Its like East Village meets the Beach! A lot of creative people live in this neighborhood.
1)Delphine (Hollywood, CA)- This is a friends restaurant in LA! Its a new restaurant that opened in W hotel in Hollywood. Hip french bistro dining.
2)Gjelina (Venice,CA)— Lovely neighborhood restaurant that serves excellent thin crust pizza! i love the ambience!
3)Urth Caffe (Santa Monica, CA)— one of my favorite LUNCH places. healthy organic food and amazing teas and coffee!
4) Pace (west Hollywood, CA) — I love this little tucked away restaurant off Laurel Canyon. Very hippie chill and really good rustic italian food!
5) El Vino (Venice, CA) — cute little wine tasting bar on Abbot Kinney Blvd. in Venicewww.elvinowines.com
6) Inteligista (Venice, CA) — awesome coffee shop! great coffee! and they are serious about it too! :)www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/locations/view/Venice+Coffeebar
1) Fred Segals (Melrose)
2) Decades (melrose)- Best selection of vintage couture
3) Planet Blue (santa monica)- Great selection of casual beach bohemian clothes… Perfect for the southern cali girl living the beach life!
4) Diavolinas- BEST shoes in the city!!!
5) Undrest (venice, CA)— very cool luxury line of bathing suits! i love it! www.undrest.com/Contents/companyinfo.aspx
6) Firefly (Venice, CA)— cute boutique that sells specialty gift items and coffee table books! i find alot of great ideas for presents here!www.shopfirefly.com
1) Supperclub— This is still in construction, but its slated to open july 2010. Great supperclub on hollywood blvd. (opens july 2010)
2) Voyeur (West HOllywood, CA )— this may be a little risque, but this is THE hottest club in LA right now. Strict guestlist but very well worth it!
3) The other room (Venice, CA) — one of my favorite neighborhood bars to just chill and hang out
1) Viceroy (Santa Monica, CA)— i love this hotel. chic boutique hotel by the beach! great style and ambience. fantastic location!
2) Pali House (West Hollywood, CA)— another boutique hotel with charm. I call it hollywoods little secret spot. Lots of music and entertainement industry people dine and entertain at this hotel
3) W hotel (Hollywood, CA)
4) Roosevelt Hotel (Hollywood, CA)— old school hotel built in 1920’s. this is where the very first Academy Awards was held in 1928. Now its uber chic boutique hotel.